Our Commitment to Privacy
Sunday Value is committed to conducting its business accordance ethically in line with all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations. We take responsibility for maintaining and protecting the customer information that we hold. We review this policy and our internal data protection policy and practices on a regular basis to ensure that we are in compliance with applicable legislation and current best practices.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Business information including postal and billing addresses and website address;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- Banking details;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Cookie information (explained in more detail below);
- Other information relevant to a project that we may supply a quote for or information relevant to managing a project that we are contracted to work with you on.
We collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the service we have been contracted to provide;
- To maintain customer relationships, communicate with our customers, and avoid conflicts of interest;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Sunday Value;
- To contact you in response to the communications you have directed at us;
- To manage and develop Sunday Value’s business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To gauge website user interest and to enhance future website user experiences.
Why do we process your information?
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- to enable you to access and use our website and other digital tools we may provide as part of our service;
- to communicate with you about our service or make information available regarding products and services offered by Sunday Value;
- to improve our website.
Controlling your information
- Ask what information the company holds about them
- Ask what the purpose of the data is
- Receive a copy of the data
- Be informed how to keep it up to date
- Object to the use of the data
- Request the data is corrected, rectified, restricted, moved, or erased
Subject access requests must be made in writing to the Sunday Value office address, for the attention of Data Request Department or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject access request will be responded to within 40 days. The company will require proof of identification to verify the subject access request before handing over any information.
Data Security and Integrity
To the best of our ability, access to customer information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We also make reasonable efforts to retain customer information only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with a customer request.
From time to time and for operational reasons the information we collect from you may be stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When we appoint our service providers to help us provide services to you, we take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. By using our service and website you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Cookies and our website
Cookies used on the site:
- User preference – we set these to customize your website preferences, for example dismissing a popup not to show again in your browser, or setting your live chat preferences.
- Analytics – we use these to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. Your user data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. We also log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
- Facebook and LinkedIn: We use Facebook and LinkedIn advertising conversion tracking and re-targeting pixels, which allows us to collect or receive information from your website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target future advertising.
- Third party cookies: We use a number of external web services. For example, to display slideshows we sometimes use SlideShare; to show videos we use YouTube and Vimeo, to encourage social shares we use social media like and share buttons. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from setting their own cookies and collecting information on your usage. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Changes to this policy
Sunday Value may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 26th March 2020.
For more information feel free to contact us.